Our training programme is divided into four blocks: Foundations of Gifted Education; Critical Issues in Gifted Education; Implementation of Gifted Programmes and Talent Support and Reflection on Gifted Education.
Block 1: Foundations of Gifted Education
You will be given a scientifically-based framework for gifted education and you will learn where to find and how to critically review new information, on which you will develop and build your own personal views and practices.
- Opening seminar: Intro to Gifted Education
Setting the scene and...
1. Learning about the topics of Giftedness & Gifted Education
2. Getting to know your fellow students
3. Getting to know yourself as a learner
- Educating the Gifted and Talented Youth
Block 2: Critical Issues in Gifted Education
December 2018 - February 2019
Together with international experts from the field, you will further explore and expand your knowledge and skills in one of the previously covered topics.
You will choose one of the following:
• Social and Emotional Issues of Gifted Students
- Midterm seminar: Stepping stones: what do you know, know what you need
You will gain a more in-depth understanding by:
1. Focusing on different themes in Gifted Education
2. Proposing your Final Product; this may be a scientific article, but it may also be another type of product (such as a scientifically-based informative brochure or website, a video, …)
Block 3: To Put Theory into Practice
You will implement what you’ve learned and will put theory into practice during your internship. You will improve your professional skills and contribute to serving the field of gifted education. During your internship, you will receive support in the form of a practical online course about educating and counselling the gifted. A personal supervisor will also provide support by answering any specific questions that you may have about the activities that you will be doing.
Block 4: Reflection on Gifted Education
You will develop your skills as a scientist-practitioner and, in order to improve the professional field of gifted education, you will make a scientifically-sound contribution, of which the findings can be used by professionals who wish to serve the needs of high-ability students
and counselling the gifted. A personal supervisor will also provide support by answering any specific questions that you may have about the activities that you will be doing.
During Block 4, you will complete your final product, which you proposed during the second seminar and on which you probably will have already worked on during Block 3.
- Closing seminar: What will the future bring?
Reflection and going public: How to behave like an ECHA Specialist in Gifted Education.
Do you want to receive the latest information about new RITHA dates and locations? Please fill in the interest form.